Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out With the Old

Today is the last day of 2014. It is also the last day that I am going to write in this blog, Created by Chance.

I began this endeavor about five years ago. When I was laid off from my full time job at a television production company during the Great Recession, I was looking for something to fill the days while I decided what to do next. I opened an Etsy shop called "Created by Chance" where I sold (and still sell) upcycled gifts and accessories. I decided a companion blog was in order. It was originally named after my alter ego, Addie Chance, but I've never really adopted that moniker and have always felt that the name of the blog isn't quite in line with who I am or what I want to talk about.

Tomorrow, I am re-launching under a new name. One that feels more authentic to who I am now, who I have become over these last five years. Writing is something I've always thought I would be good at, but I never got into the habit of it until I started taking fingers to keyboard in a regular way with this blog. It has helped me to discover so many new things about myself, like that I love to garden and to cook, and that being creative every day is a necessary to my well-being.

Thanks to all of you who have ventured on this journey of discovery with me. I hope you will join me for the next chapter. We still have so much to learn, and I have enjoyed sharing this experience with all of you.

To quote the wise, venerable old sage, Taylor Swift:



Onwards and upwards!

Go Happy-
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment