Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Don't Give a Flying Fig...I Just Make Them

The quest for fig recipes continues, and tonight I think we found a winner. 

Adam is the chef of the family, and I'm the mixologist, so when I happened upon a recipe online for a Flying Fig cocktail, I knew I had to try it.  Original recipe is found here, I made just a couple of slight variations based on the ingredients I had on hand:





  • 3 fresh organic figs




  • 1/2 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur




  • 2 ounces lemon-flavored vodka




  • juice of half a lemon 




  • 2 ounces simple syrup, or 2 tbsp sugar (to taste)




  • Fresh mint sprig

  • Muddle diced fig in the elderflower liqueur (reserve one slice for garnish). Add cracked ice, vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously. Rim chilled martini glass with one mint leaf dropped in.  Garnish with reserved fig slice. Strain cocktail into glass.



    Can you say yum?  The muddled fig gives it a most lovely pink color, like a Cosmo.  This will go excellently with the Hawaiian burgers with caramelized pineapple and bacon that Adam is making tonight, recipe courtesy of Bitchin' Kitchen.

    Go Happy (and slightly Tipsy)!
    Amy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment