Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dear Dad: On the Occasion of Your 70th Birthday, I Want to Say Thank You...

Dear Dad:

On the occasion of your 70th birthday, I want to say thank you...



...for working hard in the steel mill for all those years so that you could support your family and send me to college.

...for taking me to Disney World for my 5th birthday!

...for being an excellent dance partner.

...for coming to my rescue when I was scared during a thunderstorm, even though it meant breaking your foot.

...for making sure there was always some time to have fun together.

...for your service to our country when you were a young man.

...for giving me an appreciation of country life.

...for loving my mother, and showing me through your example what love is.


...for always being the person I can call when I have car problems.

...for coaching me and going with me to the dealership to buy my first car, which I drove out to Los Angeles.

...for having a bit of a mischievous side.


...for having an excellent sense of humor, and showing me how not to take myself too seriously.


...for being the kind of guy who can rock a pair of suspenders.

...for showing me through your actions how important it is to help other people and to be of service.


...for traveling to the far sides of the country to visit me.


...for taking me to and picking me up from the airport, endlessly.

...for giving me so many birthdays to share with you!


With Much Love,
Your Daughter,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment